Orangestar Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orangestar Army

An army called Orangestar

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips and Tricks, your guide to become a Tactical Master.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvy_Harbinger
OrangeStar Alpha
Harvy_Harbinger

Tips and Tricks, your guide to become a Tactical Master. Empty
PostSubject: Tips and Tricks, your guide to become a Tactical Master.   Tips and Tricks, your guide to become a Tactical Master. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 pm

For my first Tactical Lession I will be explaining how to kill much faster than normal, how to farm alone, and tactics on taking a crowd of zombies without any trouble at all. [/b]
Do NOT share this with anyone outside of the Orangestar Army !

First on the list is what I call, the Sheperd Manuver.
In short this is a way to keep zombies in a nice pack, so you can shape their movments making it easier to bash them down and keep them contained in controlled area.
When being attacked by two or more zombies use your speed to out manuver them, you don't have to be amazingly fast to do this. Zombies cannot move THRU each other, so the faster ones can be moved to the back behind slower, fatter, zombies.

I personaly use the WASD keys to move instead of the direction buttons, but use the Sheperd Manuver, simply get them following you in a strait line, then start doing a circle around them, not two directions, simply clockwise or counter-clockwise.

This is the movment that will pack them together, as new zombies come from behind, just get the pack of zombies between you and the newer ones, as they merge, simply go back to circle strafing around them.

Next lession is how to kill faster, this will come to a big feckin' suprize to some of you, others not so much.

To kill faster with more ease, JUST AIM FOR THE HEAD!

No joke indeed.

I found while stomping zombies asses, that if I put that circular rectical (Aiming circle) over a zombies head, yes, it in fact WILL kill them faster!

This coupled with the Sheperd Manuver, can help you battle even the most tough of zombies with ease, I have stood my ground with nothing but a baseball bat for 20 minutes without any problem!

Even when the runners come out (Zombies that sprint at you) I pwned them all one after another, even killing them all off and having to wait for more zombies to respawn!

To help aim, it is best to tap your finger constantly on the buttons to move backwards, one good solid pace, so that you can better put the round circle over the zombies head.

Oh, and when you lay down a Critical Hit while aiming at a head, it will instant kill most of the time, or weaken them with it's more than usual deadly damage!

Another thing I will explain is Speed Farming.

Speed Farming is used only to get supplies, like ammo, weapons, food, and armor.

Speed Farming is a non-combat tactical movment, to use it you must never stop moving and avoid any and all combat so that you can survive and save health for long runs.

First off is moving, step away and out of reach using strafing (Moving sideways while walking and keeping aim on a zombie/zombies).

I find that holding down F to search constantly affords time saving movment, you can hold it while moving over an open search zone and WILL have just enough time that while walking over the zone you will search it as you pass by, without stopping.

If zombies give you trouble and you have a firearm, do /NOT/ hesitate to hold them off with it, shots will slow zombies down, giving you ample time to search and/or manuver around the lot of them. Melee works for this to, but doesn't have the obvious range advantage that a firearm does.

Just leave any questions for me on this page and I will help you the to the best of my ability, I hope this starting guide will help you all my comrads! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Harvy_Harbinger on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added: Speed Farming)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/MetalHeadTimmy

Tips and Tricks, your guide to become a Tactical Master.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orangestar Army :: Dead Frontier :: Chat-
Jump to: